Photo

APradar (Fork of newly released open source apradar.)

• Please log in to reply
105 replies to this topic

#101 iBot27

iBot27

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 13 April 2016 - 09:16 PM

I only familiar with the mob structure of apradar, and even if I could make it work it will only add the mob name ,id and zone so the other information will still have to be manually added. I think you can manually add mobs targetting them and hitting the add+ button that appears in the apradar bar.

Ok so using the "add+" definitely works. I just ran through Doh Gates, added every mob in the zone and they now show up to be edited in the Mob Database editor. So that works. But when using Spawn Alert Filter and choosing Dho Gates as my zone to search, I get a popup window stating: "No Mobs Found" "No mobs were loaded. ApRadar checked the following path for your FFXI installation: C:\Program Files (x86)\PlayOnline\SquareEnix\FINAL FANTASY XI". This also happens for Woh Gates, same Pop up window. So far these are the only 2 zones that I've had this happen for. I'll check the rest of them later to see if I find anymore zones with this issue.

Back to why "Scan Dats for new Mobs" gets stuck at 31% while scanning. Any reason for this? Is this fixable? If this scan completed would it fix the other issues I'm having?

Now the last issue, "Dat Item Browser" this appears to work but only for "Puppet Items". It'd be really convenient to be able to look up gear via "Dat Item Browser".

I know there might not be a lot of care for things like this but I really like this app and just wish all the options available to me worked as intended. Minus the ApRadar Chat and Remote Chat Server. One more thing, if his could be done without too much effort, it'd be nice to have higher resolution maps. 512x512 legend icons are hard to read sometimes, even when the map is stretched to Full-Screen. I managed to add a Higher Res Map but as expected my Current position didn't match where it showed me to be on the map. I am unfamiliar with how Map.ini Line Generator works but would that fix the issue if I wanted to add Higher Res maps and it displaying my current position wrong.

I know I have a lot of questions and this may all seem pointless to some people but I'm interested in it and appreciate any help you can give me. I only wish I knew how to code so I could do this on my own or help people like all of you devs do. Thanks in advance.

#102 xanovaria

xanovaria

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 December 2016 - 02:42 AM

would anyone be able to tell me or show me where i can find the maps for apradar? i downloaded the program but when i started it i got multiple prompts saying i dont have the map for certain areas. would be awesome if someone cold show where to find the maps for FFXI so i can use the ApRadar

#103 Kenshi

Kenshi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 288 posts

Posted 30 December 2016 - 02:11 PM

The maps are in the same zip than the program, so unless you download somewhere else they should be there

#104 Viertel

Viertel

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 28 January 2017 - 08:03 PM

Hrm.

Recently came back, and the colors for the different affects (NPC, PC, Party, etc.) isn't working.   The latest update I've seen is from Kensi I believe, around Feb 2016.   Is there a more recent one, or a setting that needs to change?

#105 Kenshi

Kenshi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 288 posts

Posted 28 January 2017 - 11:31 PM

They do work for me, there are options to change the color so make sure they are not the same.

#106 Viertel

Viertel

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 30 January 2017 - 12:36 PM

They do work for me, there are options to change the color so make sure they are not the same.

The issue ended up being I was using an older version.  

I multi-box and have two different Windower folders.  I ended up doing it this way as there's several addons that although you can specify certain certain settings for UI elements a lot of times it doesn't save properly between character swapping and/or just logging a character off so I ended up creating an entirely new one for the smaller windows for the non-main accounts.

I was apparently using an older APRadar without realizing it.

And yeah, I was aware of the color settings and whatnot since I have been using Apradar3 since its inception back when it was paid.  It's just that version (that I've since removed) must have been one of the first iterations after it went free and the color settings weren't working properly.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users